MoneyGram Reward Rules
- Sign up for the Money Gram rewards program online (the terms and conditions aka the rules are also available)
- To enroll in the MoneyGram Plus member program the customer must have the MoneyGram account number on hand
The enrollment process should take less than 5 minutes to complete and once activate the member will receive a 5% discount on the fee every time they send money using MoneyGram. The membership comes with no monthly fee and members must be 18 years of age or older in order to sign up for the MoneyGram Reward Rules program.
Who is MoneyGram?
- Dallas based money transfer service
- Founded (in 1940) under the name Travelers Express Co. Inc which was a subsidiary of Viad Corporation at that time
- There are more than 200 countries operating with a MoneyGram location and they have a global network of about 347,000 agent offices
- Any customer service questions can be directed to a MoneyGram rep at (800) 666-3947
MoneyGram is listed on the NASDAQ stock exchange under ticker symbol MGI and trades at a range between 4 and 11 dollars. The firm is in a fierce competition with its arch rival Western Union Company over money transfer dollars.
Major holders of MGI stock include…
- Abrams Capital Management, L.P. (around 5 million shares)
- BlackRock Institutional Trust Company, N.A. (around 800k)
- Neuberger Berman Group, LLC (1.5 million shares outstanding)
Major players that run the day-to-day operations of MoneyGram include Mr. W. Alexander Holmes (CEO aka the Big Dog), Mr. Francis Aaron Henry (VP), and Mr. Lawrence Angelilli who is the Chief Financial Officer.
Besides money transfers the firm also makes profits from ATM services, prepaid cards, and direct-to-bank account products.
The MoneyGram corporate office can be found at 2828 North Harwood Street 15th Floor Dallas, TX 75201 and can be reached by phone by calling 214-999-7552 (please do not call this number to make a money transfer).