Safelink Phone Exchange
- To keep up with recent technology, Safe Link Wireless is phasing out their 2G cell coverage, so customers will need to migrate all of their photos and files from their old device to a new one
- Customers with 2G TracFone, SafeLink, Net10 and Straight Talk devices will start to have interruptions in their service, and will eventually stop working entirely as networks are upgraded
- Only Straight Talk customers who have eligible 2G devices will be able to use the web site, and customers will need to verify their 2G eligibility before any transfer begins
To begin the 2G migration process for Safe Link to transfer photos, text messages, and other files, Safe Link customers will need to log in with their phone number and the last 4 digits of their Social Security number. Old 2G devices will stop working completely over time and will lose any network connectivity, so it’s important for customers to upgrade their devices as soon as they can.
Safelink Phone Exchange Service Notes
- Free to use
- A must for any customers using a Safelink phone
- Photos and files moved with the Safe Link Migration program will remain on their original device
More to Know About Safe Link
Safe Link Wireless is a cell phone company that provides a free phone and a few minutes each month for eligible low income families across the USA. It is funded through the Universal Service Fund, and is available to about 40% of America. When customers sign up for Safe Link Wireless, they do not get a choice of cell phone. Additional Safe Link minutes are available for purchase, and unused minutes do roll over from one month to the next.
- Right now, 4,000,000 subscribers have Safe Link cell phone plans
- Safe Link is well known for being a part of TracFone (like Straight Talk cell phones that are exclusive to Wal-Mart stores)
Any questions in regards to the Safelink Phone Exchane program can be directed to 1-866-667-6437.