Stevia In The Raw Settlement
- Obtain more information (and file a claim) in the class action lawsuit entitled Frohberg v. Cumberland Packing Corp.
The Stevia In The Raw settlement lawsuit is pending in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York and is listed as case number 1:14-cv-00748-KAM-RLM. The deadline to submit a claim associated with the settlement is cited as 06/06/2016 and the fairness hearing will take place on 04/06/2016.
But what is the Stevia In The Raw ‘All Natural’ Class Lawsuit all about? Class members contend that the Cumberland Packing Corp. (who is the maker of Stevia in the Raw) mislead and deceptively labeled the product as “natural” when in fact they used non-natural products dextrose and maltodextrin.
Stevia In The Raw Settlement Notes
- The product packaging clearly stated “100% Natural Zero Calorie Sweetener” which was misleading to consumers according to the lead plaintiff Leslie Frohberg
- Cumberland Packing Corp denies any actions of wrong doing but has agreed to a 1.5 million dollar settlement fund
- Cumberland has agreed to not used the words “100% natural” or “all natural” when labeling their stevia products
- Class members who file timely claims may receive up to $2 for each package they purchased
- A maximum amount of money any one class member can receive under the terms of the Stevia in the raw settlement is $16
- Only one claim can be submitted per household and a proof of purchase is not required
- All claim forms associated with Frohberg v. Cumberland Packing Corp. can be mailed to Stevia In The Raw c/o Dahl Administration PO Box 3614 Minneapolis, MN 55403-0614
Who can file a claim in this lawsuit?
Anyone who is an US resident and purchased the “Stevia In The Raw” product anytime between the dates of Oct. 9, 2009, and July 1, 2014.
Any questions about the lawsuit should not be directed to Cumberland Packing Corp,… instead please email all questions to info@SteviaInTheRawSettlement.com or call 888-313-3557.