UC PA Biweekly Claims
- Residents who have already been approved for UC unemployment benefits need to file a claim every two weeks to show they are still unemployed
- A week for UC PA Biweekly Claims purposes is defined as a calendar week that begins Sunday and ends Saturday
The UC PA Biweekly Claims process is super easy to complete and should only take the applicant a few minutes to complete. Although applicants will file for two weeks at one time (i.e. biweekly) they will still certify eligibility for each week separately. Applicants are allowed to update their status anytime from Monday thru Friday 6 a.m. to 9 p.m or 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. Sunday.
UC PA Biweekly Claims Notes
- Filing a biweekly claim is MANDATORY and failure to do so will result in the lost of unemployment benefits
- UC PA Unemployment payments are made by direct deposit or debit card only
- In order to receive unemployment payment via direct deposit the person must have a bank account
- The date of the Saturday is called the compensable week ending (CWE) date
- All holiday pay (i.e. Christmas, New Years) MUST be report when filing a biweekly claim
Please note those who drill for the National Guard are required to report all earnings associated with the drill period.
UC PA Biweekly claims can be filed by mail but only if the applicant meets are of the following requirements (the state would rather people not file via US Mail as it takes much longer to process manually):
- cannot file by Internet
- do not have access to a telephone
- do not have access to a touch-tone or a push button telephone with a tone-pulse switch
- have limited ability to communicate in English or Spanish
- have a disability that prevents you from using PAT; or
- are receiving TRA
The simplest way to file for a biweekly claim is online BUT applicants can also file via phone by calling 888-255-4728 from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. Sunday, and 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Friday (sometimes filing by phone is the only option for poor people with Internet services).